Wednesday, 13 June 2012

What did I think about?

Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking about when I was younger. What ideas and concepts were rushing through my mind. And most of all,  what I thought my future would be like; if it even came close to what it is like right now. Time just moved so cunningly and quickly that at one moment we were just kids dreaming about who we want to be and what we want to do, and the next moment were all grown up in this ‘real world’.
I mean, did I think life would be like the ones on TV where I would be going to the biggest parties? Maybe I thought that I would of found ‘the one’ already. It’s even possible that as a kid, I thought maybe I would have life figured out already, and not be as lost and confused as I am sometimes.
More importantly, I wonder if these younger versions of ourselves, who had such amazing and big dreams about the future, would be proud of who we eventually turned into. If we would be alright knowing that life didn’t go according to plan. Maybe we would be disappointed in it all and substitute wanting to grow up to being forever young. Or maybe, we would laugh at how wrong we were about the future, and how life is a constant unpredictable adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment